There are three steps which should help you find the information you need:
First, please consider whether your question is one of the Frequently Asked Questions below. Click on the area that is applicable to you.
- What are all of my options for dealing with my debts?
- I’m behind with my rent, what should I do?
- I’m in arrears with my mortgage, what help is available?
- I want to manage my debts myself, are there any guides telling me what to do?
- I don’t want to pay for a debt management plan, are there any free services, other than CAB’s? Yes – Stepchange and National Debtline
- I have not made any repayments on a debt and not had any contact about a debt from the creditor for six years. Do I still need to pay it?
- I’m being chased by a creditor, what can I do?
- What action can my creditor takeagainst me for not paying back money that I owe?
- What happens if bailiffs come round?
- My electricity/gas might be stoppedas I have not been meeting payments, what can I do?
- What happens if my creditors take me to court?
- How do I complain about a payday lender?
- I have no money for food, where are my local food banks? I live in East Cambs.
- I have no money for food, where are my local food banks? I live in Fenland.
- I have no money for food, where are my local food banks? I live in Huntingdonshire.
- I have no money and need to buy furniture or other items in an emergency. What can I do? – Come and see us face-to-face. These schemes require a third party to apply on your behalf.
If you cannot find an answer to your question in the FAQs above, further help is available on the Citizens Advice national website. Note that these links open in a new window/tab because you are leaving our website.
If you cannot find an answer to your question above, please choose one of the following options.