There are three steps which should help you find the information you need:
First, please consider whether your question is one of the Frequently Asked Questions below. Click on the area that is applicable to you.
- My private landlord won’t return my rental deposit, how can I claim the money back?
- My private landlord won’t repair my home, what can I do?
- Can my landlord increase my rent?
- I want to end my tenancy, what should I do?
- My private landlord wants to evict me, can they do that?
- How do I become a landlord?
- I want to get my property back and I currently have assured shorthold tenants living there. What can I do?
- My social landlord won’t repair my home, what can I do?
- Can I transfer my tenancy to someone else?
- My social landlord is trying to evict me for rent arrears. What are my rights?
- I’m homeless, or soon will be, so what duties does the council have to help me?
- I am homeless, what local support is there available to me?
If you cannot find an answer to your question in the FAQs above, further help is available on the Citizens Advice national website. Note that these links open in a new window/tab because you are leaving our website.
If you cannot find an answer to your question above, please choose one of the following options.