Please read the Advice/Help article below. Note that many articles reference external websites.

From the right-hand column you can return to where you came from, search our all Advice/Help articles, display all the Advice/Help articles in a given category or go to our Advice home page.

Finding an article appropriate to you will be the quickest way that you can get help; but if you can’t find help then please get in touch.

How can I reduce my bills?

Gas and Electricity

If you’ve got a gas or electric bill you can’t pay, you should contact your supplier to help you sort out a payment plan that works for you. They must help you do this and you can get help from your local Citizens Advice if they don’t.

You can use the Citizens Advice price comparison tool to compare prices from different energy suppliers.

You’ll need the name of your supplier and tariff – this will be on your energy bill.

You can get a more accurate quote if you know your annual consumption – this is the amount of gas or electricity you’ve used over the last year, measured in kilowatt hours (kwh). Find this on your annual statement if you have one.



If you’re struggling to pay your water bills and you haven’t got a water meter, check whether having one installed will save you money. Many water companies have water usage calculators on their websites to help you work out how much you are likely to pay if you have a meter.

You can also look at ways of using less water, and you should make sure you don’t have any water leaks that are making your bills higher than they should be.

If you’re having problems paying a water bill, talk to your water company as soon as you can. You might be able to spread payments over a longer period through a payment plan. Water companies accept a variety of payment methods.


Share this Help/Advice

If you are unable to find the help/advice that you require in the above article(s) then the next quickest way to get help is by filling in the following Advice form. By taking the time to enter all the information it will help us to help you quicker than if you just call us.

Please check the areas where we can offer support and read the Client Agreement between you and Citizens Advice Rural Cambs before contacting us for help/advice, thank you.

Where we offer help
Read Client Agreement

    About You

    Date of Birth (required)

    Using your Information

    To comply with the Data Protection Act (1998) we must ask for your permission before we record, store, share and process your data. These details may include personal and sensitive information.

    Therefore we would be grateful if you could read and tick the permissions you are happy to provide to us to allow us to improve, monitor and evaluate our services

    What are you worried about?

    Details of this issue

    Details of this issue

    Details of this issue

    Details of this issue

    Are you:

    Details of this issue

    Details of this issue

    Details of this issue

    If you have a tenancy:

    Housing benefit:


    Details of this issue

    Details of this issue

    How can we help?

    Follow up feedback

    We want to make sure the service you receive meets your needs. To help us understand this and improve our service, Citizens Advice may want to contact you at a later date to ask for your feedback. We will only share the information that is absolutely necessary.

    If so, can we contact you by:

    Legal Protection

    Please note that we aim to respond within 3 working days.

    If you have a simple query you can contact us via Chat.

    Note this is only available when our staff are not all busy responding to requests for help submitted via forms or over the telephone.

    If it is available you will see a chat link in the bottom corner of the website.

    If you need urgent help please call our Adviceline. Please note that our advisers are very busy, so if you are able to submit an advice form it would help us to offer the best possible service to all our customers.

    Our Adviceline service is open from 9:30 in the morning to 3:30 in the afternoon, Monday to Friday.

    Call 0808 278 7807 (free)